Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

The Classic Chignon

I admit I'm definitely not the queen of stylish and posh hairstyles (my mother is nodding). You will see me with either A. Straight hair, B. Curly hair, or C. A pony tail. Quite the diversity. I have neither the time nor the talent to try out new hair-do's, but upon finding this easy-peasy chignon tutorial on marthastewartweddings.com, I will most definitely be giving this a try if I feel like looking as sassy-classy (I just made that up) as this stunning woman. Have you ever seen red hair and red lipstick look oh so right?

*okay, I am not guaranteeing we will all look as "yes, I actually am this pretty, true story" after constructing this up-do. But gosh darnit girls, we can try. 

Step 1: 
Using a round brush, blow-dry hair smooth and straight, focusing on the top sections.


Step 2: 
Once dry, use a large-barrel curling iron to create waves from the ears down.

Step 3:
Build height and volume at the crown by teasing hair gently with a fine-tooth comb.

Step 4:
Gather hair into a low ponytail. Twist it along the nape of your neck, pinning as you go

Step 5
Once you reach your ear, shape the remaining hair into curls, and pin them back over the twist.


Step 6:
Spritz strands in place. Try Frederic Fekkai Full Blown Volume Lifting Hairspray, $20, fekkai.com.

Step 7

To add texture, gently curl and scrunch the wispy ends with your fingertips.


Gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover