Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Live Out the Clichés

To be honest I was started on an entirely different post for this morning. But when something so tragic and heartbreaking happens to someone just like you, in the place you call home, writing about about clothes and youtube videos seems incredibly trivial and selfish, and I can't bring myself to do it. 


It really resonates with me what a blink of an eye life can be. No one guaranteed you the right to die in a nursing home at the age of 90, and you need to remember that. Every. Single. Day. To be able to crawl in bed at night is an often overlooked blessing. I hate that it takes the death of another to remind me that life is the one thing that I take for granted all too often, and that I go day in and day out without truly appreciating all the important people I have in my life. The ugliest feeling is when you first hear of an accident, via the news, Twitter, whatever, and you're just thinking, "please don't be someone I know, please don't be someone I know." But the truth is, it's always somebody's someone. My heart goes out to whoever's lives were impacted and changed forever by the death of this student.   

It's so important to live out the cliché's isn't it? Always love deeply, walk less quickly, tell people you love them, admire every sunset, know that grudges are a waste of time and happiness, and always, ALWAYS, live life to the god damn fullest. We must take every opportunity to make the most out of this very remarkable life.


"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour…The present only is our own. Live, love, toil with a will; Place no faith in ‘Tomorrow’, for the clock may then be still.”


I love you all. Truly, I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover