Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

The Home of a Prop-Stylist


Prop stylist Lauren Shields has worked with the magazines Better Homes and Gardens, Lands End and Martha Stewart, just to name a few. Her Brooklyn home was featured on Design*Sponge and is surrounded with things she loves and finds inspiring. 


"The wall color is Benjamin Moore Palladium Blue."


"The bed is Crate and Barrel with John Robshaw bedding. I repainted the nightstand and Ikea wall-mount lamps. The silhouette is of my father when he was nine years old, and the double curtains are handmade by me. The rug is Ikea and the chair is Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams, which I found on Craigslist."



"I found these tealight holders about 12 years ago in Amsterdam and have never seen anything like them again."



"I painted a giant chalkboard on the wall and then framed it in painted wood molding and a tray to mimic an old-school chalkboard. The rug is from the ABC Carpet & Home basement remnant warehouse."


"I have thousands of pieces of fabric, and instead of having them in a box, I took my favorite ones and stretched them over embroidery hoops in my craft room."



"The green and white rug is from the ABC Carpet remnant basement (my favorite place in New York City!), and the black and white Moroccan pouf was carried back by my paternal grandmother from Morocco on her solo travels around the world when she was 65 years old. It was given to my father, who handed it down to me a few years ago. It’s one of my favorite things I own. The white bench/coffee table was found on the street. The sofa is the Crate and Barrel Petrie sofa. Pillows are John Robshaw and handmade. The “art” above the sofa is just a holding place for a project I haven’t gotten around to yet; it is just a cheap piece of fabric stretched around foam core. The nesting glass side tables are Ikea."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover