Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pasta With Tomato Cream Sauce

I've never met a carb I didn't like. It's a bit of a problem. I mean my tongue doesn't think so, but my behind does. Today I woke up craving a rich tomatoey pasta dish before I had even had breakfast. Do you think that's bad? That might be bad. 

Don't care. Moving on.

This recipe is from one of my all time favorite foodie websites, The Pioneer Woman. Go check her out, she rocks. And so do her culinary concoctions. 





Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce

Ingredients

  • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 2 Tablespoons Butter
  • 1 whole Medium Onion, Finely Diced
  • 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
  • 2 cans (15 Ounce Each) Tomato Sauce Or Marinara Sauce
  • Salt And Pepper, to taste
  • Dash Of Sugar (more To Taste)
  • 1 cup Heavy Cream
  • Grated Parmesan Or Romano Cheese, To Taste
  • Fresh Basil, Chopped
  • 1-½ pound Fettuccine

Preparation Instructions

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
Heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute for a minute or so. Pour in tomato sauce and add salt, pepper, and sugar to taste. Stir and cook over low heat for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and stir in cream. Add cheese to taste, then check seasonings. Stir in pasta and chopped basil and serve immediately. (Thin with pasta water before adding basil if needed.)
{Via The Pioneer Woman}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover